Wednesday, January 7, 2009

mory's to go on indefinite hiatus

This is honestly one of the saddest things. My time at Yale was largely a very happy time. I honestly grew to love the University and its traditions and institutions. My memories of countless meals with friends at Mory's are some of the happiest. The notion that Mory's is "elitist" is ridiculous, particularly when it is accused of elitism by Yale students. It is one of the most egalitarian institutions at Yale. The truth is probably just that many Yale people are angry at the preppy culture that made Yale great in the 19th and 20th centuries, they hate broiled calf's liver, and they can't be bothered to put on a tie. These things often go hand in hand.

I hope that they at least publicize the recipe for Baker's Soup should the worst happen.

The picture above is from one of my last dinners at Mory's.

No comments: